Monday, September 22, 2008

Pain

A day had passed. 2 minutes ago, I walked past his room on the way to my own room Still, it feels almost unreal. I have to keep telling myself that it is true, because for some reason, a part of me refuses to believe the truth. And every time I have to tell myself that Ben is dead and gone forever, my heart breaks all over again and my world comes crashing down.

Yes. Ben, my lovely Ben… Benedict – He who is blessed, is dead.

The poor child has always been a weak baby. He suffered so much when he gets sick. It’s the problem with his breathing. He can’t breathe properly when he is sick with flu. Whenever he got sick, it took him so long to recover each time.

The night before he got sick, he was trying to play with me. I thought he looked so cute and lovable. I didn’t play with him for very long, though. If only… OH IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN! I would have played with him forever!!! As long as he wanted and as long as he could play with me…

I heard him crying and whining in pain during the night. I was sick with flu myself, and the medicine I took made me go to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, Ben was dead.

Gone. Forever.

I did not cry when I found out he was dead. I could not. All I could feel was a numb pain. All I could focus on was that pain caused by the thought that I will never again hear that sweet laughter or see that adorable grin. Ben will never kiss me again. Ben will never play with me again.

It was not until I went into his room to open the window - the way he liked it so that he could see the birds outside – and kissed him, and said goodbye to him, that I started to cry. And when I started to cry, I could not stop. I cried until I had no more tears left to cry…

Anna

11 comments:

GDLSS 1A2 08 said...

Hi Anna,
I am really sorry for your Ben.Please don't be disheartened by the death of your brother.I kind of know how it feels when someone in the family is GONE in a sudden.
But you still have your Mum,Dad,Katy,your friends and not to forget,YOURSELF!
Regards,
Kush

GDLSS 1A2 08 said...

To Anna,
PLEASE DON'T BE DISHEARTENED!
Regards,
Kush

Kush 1995 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefan J.s.m said...

It isn't your fault that Ben is dead,you should have suspected from the time that he was born that he would not survive any diseases that would get to him.I know it's hard to loose a love one,but you have to face the fact that Ben has passed away.Oh,i kind of disagree with Kush as although you have your Mum,Dad,Katy and your friends,your life would not be sameas it was.AND,it is okay to be DISHEARTENED,as when time passes by you will understand that you have to carry on with your life-without Ben

Bye-bye Anna,
Stefan J.s.M
1A2

Kush 1995 said...

Hi there Anna,
Hope you are not feeling disheartened because everyone is there for you.Please try to understand although it's hard.
Supportively,
Kush(23)

N I C :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N I C :) said...

Hey there Anna, I'm really sorry about Ben :,(Sad.
I hope there is anything we can do to help you overcome this situation :)
I know all of you feel really lonely and depressed about it but on the brighter side, You should be happy for him now that Ben had finally came to end of his pain and sufferings? I mean have you ever thought that Ben is in a better place now, in a place where he can finally breathe freely like all of have ever wanted :)
Time to move on, I'm sure our dear Ben won't forget all the love and care that his big sister gave :) Don't loose hope, Besides you still have your family right there beside you though everything will change now.Everything will Change. Let's just put it this way: Life goes on =] You must continue your journey until you have come to your destination wherever it may be =]

We're all going to miss him Anna, we too :,) *tears*

Condolence,
Nicole Matheus

Stefan J.s.m said...

Well,it looks like Kush Madia is bothering you again,Anna...Don't you listen to him.Just try and forget whatever he said,i know he is annoying you as he has said,"Anna,please don't be disheartened!"for at least 3 times!But i don't think you are disheartened at all,because i think you are more irritated and annoyed now!:)
Cool down,
Stefan J.s.M
1A2

bravo95^_^ said...

Hi Anna,
I was very shocked when benedict died but, dun't be sad =(! Stay happy as always okay?
Stay happy,
verlencia chu (14)
1A2 =D

Riyan Lim said...

Anna i am Sad for you to have lost a lovable baby brother Ben.Cheer up , it's not your fault that he is dead , He has to die someday or he'll suffer the pain when he is sick.This is a word of advice,Try not to think about Ben too often,but instead spent time with your parents and Katy.Take care of yourself,Gotta go
So remember Cheer up! (:

Riyan 1A2

Ben10 said...

Dear Anna,
I am really felling sorry for Ben...But,please don't be discourage for the death of your brother...I also feel sad about it...So once again,please don't be sad...

From
Ben Tan(18)

Glory Of Love

Date and Time


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster